Welcome to The West Wood
A couple weeks ago, I mentioned a new “fantasy western” world I was working on: The West Wood. Since then, I’ve realized I haven’t really discussed the project here on the blog because it’s been a series on my Patreon. And surely anyone who follows my world-buildng work here is reading every public post over there, right?
No? Oh. Um… Well, then…
Here’s the pitch:
In the fantasy western storyworld of The West Wood, the folks who live on the frontier between the civilized Kingdoms of Man and enchanted wilderness of the Deep Forest must fight to defend their way of life against an army of newcomers set on conquest and exploitation.
And here’s a quick guide to The West Wood posts, so you can get up to speed. Don’t worry; they’re all public, so you don’t need to be a patron to read them.
- The West Wood Premise – Part 1: Let’s take a look at the world’s setting and characters!
- The West Wood Premise – Part 2: Taking a look at the world’s conflict and tone.
- Once Upon a Time in the West Wood: An overview of the storyworld’s back story.
- Living in the West Wood: Find out where and how people live in the West Wood.
- Who’s What in the West Wood: A deeper look at the types of folks you’ll meet on the frontier.
- Welcome to Foster’s Crossing: Zooming in one of the many settlements in the West Wood.
If you like what you see, please feel free to share the links around. If you really like it, please consider becoming a patron. You can not only help support my world-building efforts, but actually shape them as well. And that’s pretty cool, if I say so myself.